header

header

1.04.2010

A Year of Happiness: Tutorial Tuesday



The Treat Girl gave me a year of happiness, you know. Oh, yes she did, and on day 5 I feel happier already. My Treat Girl is happy and bubbly and her favorite saying is "I love that for you!" and you know what? She really DOES!

Do you want a 2010 full of happy thoughts? Full of stopping to smell the flowers? Appreciating the little things? Remembering your happy moments? Well, this is the project for you.

A Year of Happiness

supplies:

Empty and clean jar (spaghetti sauce jars are perfect for this)
Plain labels
Letter stamps
Paper
Imagination

Instructions:

Place a label onto the clean jar, stamped with the words "365 Days of Happiness" or think of your own cute saying.

Sit down and think...really think about all the little things that put a smile on your face - or your kids' faces. Remember how excited they got when you actually gave them a quarter for the gumball machine after saying no 38 times? Remember the laugh when you found that tupperware full of snowballs in the freezer last July? The warm feeling you had when surrounded by family and friends this holiday? The smile your son got on his face when you pulled out his "lost" ipod?



Well, write them all down. Save the happy thoughts (365 of them) to pull out throughout this next year. Hold them in your jar so you can hold them in your hands when the need arises in the next 12 months. Fill your jar with love and memories.

Place your jar in a prominent place (mine is on the windowsill over my kitchen sink), pull one out as a morning ritual over coffee, look at them together at the dinner table, sneak one from your nightstand to read before your night time prayers...It's your happiness, relive it as you see fit. But, make sure you smile when you do it. Smile and be happy for 1 year. This my challenge for you. Have a Happy 2010!

Oh, and are you looking for a way to use all the Christmas cards you received this year? Make notepads from them! Click here to learn how!


18 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea...too bad, there would be no way I could come up with 365!! You are so the glass is half full...love that about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss!! You are tooooooo cute! I'm thrilled your year is happier already....I truly do love it for you :) I really should make one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Thanks for the 'how to' for it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So easy and such a happy idea :) I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have my jar right beside my computer. Today's thing to be happy about is "sparkling clean windows"....although mine aren't, so now I'm depressed and need to go clean them! However, I am happy that the kids snowpants from last year still fit! (yesterday's thing to be happy about!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! That Treat Girl really knows how to make someones' day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your jar of joy is so cool--I may do that!
    Had to stop by--I see your comments on several blogs and had to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had seen this before Xmas....what a great gift for my kids' aunts and uncles. We'll start now for next year's gift giving! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

    XO*T

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous idea. I think I need one of these...like today! Thanks for posting - so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the joy jar is a perfect idea. I had my kids think of things they love about my mom, she has been a little down recently and I think a jar of mini love notes from her grandbabies is just the right medicine. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh you've got my wheels a spinin'! Brooke's idea of a mini jar for the g-parents is awesome....how cool if you did it all up for Valentine's day! I might have to make spaghetti tonight....what about an on going joy jar..hmmm... Treat Girl, you rock (and I love you for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh you've got my wheels a spinin'! Brooke's idea of a mini jar for the g-parents is awesome....how cool if you did it all up for Valentine's day! I might have to make spaghetti tonight....what about an on going joy jar..hmmm... Treat Girl, you rock (and I love you for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWESOME!!!!!!!! I love the jar idea!!!!!! and the note pads are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to admit, The Treat Girl might be on to something there, seriously. I think I could come up with 365.

    P.S. Thanks for leading all other blogs with visitors referred to my site this past month - for like the 100th month in a row. LOL. I'm very grateful and enjoy your blog tremendously.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work