header

header

2.24.2010

Cinnamon Streusel Cake


We just returned from a fantastic family ski weekend and this cake was one of the highlights. My sister-in-law (hi Sheri!) brought this along and I can attest that it is delicious for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In fact, it seems to get better the longer it sits. Moist and yummy with cinnamon streusel topping, AND simple to make. Come on, girl, let's make some Cinnamon Streusel Cake!

CINNAMON STREUSEL CAKE

1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 (4 serving size) pkg. vanilla instant pudding mix
2 tbsp. oil
1 1/3 c. water
2 eggs


STREUSEL:

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter, melted


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In large bowl blend cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, and eggs. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Do not overmix. Spread batter evenly in greased and floured 9x13 inch pan.

Combine streusel ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over batter in pan. Bake 40-50 minutes at 375 degrees until done. Cool right side up 25 minutes. Remove from pan and drizzle glaze on top.

GLAZE:

Blend 3/4 cup confectioners sugar with about 1 tablespoon milk. Drizzle over cake.

The linky party is ON for Thursday! Compose your own "Into It" post and link up here. For those who want to get a jump on things, I should be opening up the posting around 10 pm tonight, shhhh. Grab your button now, and I'll see you in the morning!

Hope Studios


12 comments:

  1. Well...I'm here with my coffee....where is my cake??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that kind of cake...looks easy too. Of course, it requires cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! It DOES look really moist, and only 2 Tbls. of oil??? A winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwh....you know me! When I make it I WILL eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! That's the way I roll over here when I bake yummy stuff....I just eat it 'til it's gone. I may have to make extra of the streusel stuff and glaze.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, pudding IN cake. Now that's a great idea. Yummy yum yum. BTW, thanks for making my tummy growl for this cake when I can't possibly make it in time for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, and more yum! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK...my coffee is now cold and still no cake ;-(
    your a bad woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum - we may need to try that. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mind if I link back to this post. and use your picture with credits? I just love sharing new recipes with my followers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds just delightful! I have cupcakes in the oven right now!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work