header

header

12.09.2012

Glorious Pineapple Infused Vodka...


I made Lemoncello a few years ago for the holidays, and planned to do so again this year.  Alas, I waited too long and missed my six week mark to put it together.  If it doesn't sit long enough, it's just not as good.


I needed to make something I could pull out at Christmas time that was special and yummy...enter Pineapple Vodka (just like Capital Grille!)

The ingredients are simple:  Fresh Pineapple and Vodka

The timing was perfect:  10 days

So, let's do this thing!

I cut my pineapple in quarters then sliced each quarter into thin-ish slices.  I had a whole surface area theory going on, so I wanted the slices about 1/4 inch thick for maximum vodka / pineapple contact. I have no idea if this theory has an validity in the vodka-infusion scheme of things, but I'm going with it.


Layer your slices into some sort of glass container (this one with the spout could sit right on the bar during a party!)

Pour your vodka of choice over the fruit, making sure to cover fruit completely.


Close her up and wait...10 days...


I set the container in a quiet corner of my counter with no direct sunlight. 

Because I was making it a bit ahead, I strained the vodka (through a coffee filter) into a glass bottle with a stopper (from IKEA) and placed in the freezer for later! 


Now, to make a martini, place vodka in a shaker with ice and shake until frothy.

Pour into martini glass and garnish with fresh pineapple.  Easy Peasy!

Oh!  By the way!  I couldn't part with all that vodka-infused fruit, so I stowed it away in the freezer with a plan for a pineapple daiquiri-ish  kind of drink, too! Or maybe I could puree it in the blender and drizzle into the martinis for an extra punch of flavor?

Do you have any infused vodka recipes?

9 comments:

  1. Oh that would make a lovely pressie for my sister in law, she loves infused vodkas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mixed with Cranberry juice would be so delish!! I might make some after the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Yummy! Drove past the Capital Grill yesterday and renewed my craving for their cheesecake....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh don't remind me! Love that stuff and I only get to go once a year!

      Delete
    2. Typically me too and Saturday night might just be the night :)

      Delete
    3. Have a pineapple martini and the cheesecake for me! Oh, and the porcini dusted steak!

      Delete
    4. All of the above sound delish! :)

      Delete
  4. Never heard of this drink before. Have to try it sometime, thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work