header

header

8.29.2015

Cheeseburger in Paradise


We experienced another great Jimmy Buffett concert a few weeks ago.  Every year we fear it's the last so we try to soak it all in while we're there.

This year, my tailgate contribution was Cheeseburger Cupcakes!  They were pretty simple to make and they were delicious!


I made a batch of Martha's Vanilla Buttermilk Cupcakes (a box mix works just as well) and a pan of regular box brownies and a recipe of Cream Cheese Frosting. 

I baked the cupcakes and split them in half for buns.

I used a water glass to cut round "burgers" from the pan of brownies.

I divided the frosting into 3 bowls and tinted them red, yellow, and green using super strong Wilton food coloring.

When it's time to assemble, place the brownie "burger" onto the bottom cupcake "bun", squeeze out frosting "ketchup", "mustard", and "lettuce" from the cut corner of a ziploc baggie, then place the top "bun" on top.  You can sprinkle with sesame seeds for some realism.

Want to see the step-by-step?  Check out Bakerella! (I didn't use her recipes, but I did use her assembly instructions.)

Until next year, Jimmy...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!

How to Avoid Stress At Work